CDA Fitness Membership Terms & Conditions
These terms and conditions form part of your agreement with us: CDA Fitness. Please make sure that you read them carefully and understand them. Should you have any queries please speak to a member of staff.
1. Every member will receive a membership card which must be shown at reception on every visit and you will be required to sign in at reception. If you forget your membership card we may ask to see a second form of ID before you are allowed access to the facilities.
2. Replacement cards may be subject to an administration fee. The membership card remains the property of CDA Fitness
3. Only adults aged 18 and over are allowed to become members unless granted permission us.
4. Single membership – the agreement is with you only. Couples membership – the agreement is with you and one other person (aged 18 and over) who joined together at the same time and jointly signed the membership form.
5. Your membership starts from the start date on your signed membership agreement form and ends on the end date on your signed membership form. You will need to make the agreed payments as per your membership agreement.
6. The cost of your membership depends on the type of membership and the membership commitment period you have chosen.
7. During your membership you must pay your membership fees whether you use the facilities and services or not.
8. Failure to make the agreed payments (by whichever agreed method) will result in cancellation of your membership agreement and we may seek to cover our costs to pursue non payment.
9. You cannot use the facilities until you have signed the membership agreement form, received an induction if required and made payment of the agreed sum and confirmed how you will make future payments due under the membership agreement.
10. The membership is not transferable and must only be used by the registered member. Any misuse of the membership will result in the membership being cancelled.
11. The membership category cannot be decreased and no refunds are permitted. For example – if you have signed a membership agreement for a six monthly membership you are not permitted to reduce the time commitment of the membership to a lesser period.
12. If you chose a particular time commitment of membership and then decide to increase that time commitment – your membership agreement will be amended to reflect the higher time commitment and you must agree to pay any extra fees applicable.
13. The management of CDA Fitness reserve the right to cancel any membership should a member be in breech of rules or conduct which in the view of the management of CDA Fitness is offensive to customers and / or staff or represents a health and safety danger.
14. Individual memberships may be frozen for a period of 3 months on the production of a valid medical certificate.
15. To cancel your membership you must inform us in writing. We require a minimum of one month’s notice period. If we receive your notice by the first day of the month, your membership will end on the last day of the same month. If we receive your notice after the first day of the month, your membership will end on the last day of the following month (this means that if we receive your notice on 12th May, your agreement will cease on 30th June). We will also request the difference to be paid from the membership period you agreed to and the time period you have been a member (e.g you sign for one year and cancel after one month – you will be required to pay the difference between the single month rate and the monthly year rate.
16. From time to time we may change our membership fees by any amount we think is reasonable and we may choose to withdraw a type of membership or payment option. We will advise you about any change that will apply to you.
17. Members are requested to bring and use a sweat towel to use for sitting on equipment and for personal sweat use. If the gym user does not bring one it is our policy to hire one for €2. Paper towel and disinfectant is provided to wipe machines down after use and we request gym members to ensure this is done.
18. T shirts/vests and correct footwear must be worn at all times.
19. Members must ensure they consume sufficient fluids to avoid dehydration (drinks are available to purchase)
20. Members are required to complete a PAR Q when they join and must advise staff of any medical condition that may arise during their membership which may affect their use of the facilities.
21. Members must not drop weights and must put their equipment away after use